Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lizzie's Got a Brand New Pot

A coffee pot, that is!  I just picked up a cheap Krups espresso machine at the Red White and Blue Thrift Store. It was clean and had almost all the original parts, just missing the lid to the decanter. At $7.95 it was entirely overpriced, but I guess I am a willing participant in the ripoff that RW&B has become. All that being said, this morning I made a perfect double short latte, and then another for Mr. Ryan, and then one for mom-pool/foodie friend Lisa and one more for the road. In other words, it paid for itself already and the brew is better than Starbucks (not hard to beat, I know) or Crazy Mocha. And--and this is really saying something--it is on par with Buena Vista Coffee, my favorite java stop on the Northside, or for that matter, anywhere in Pittsburgh since the Vault and Kiva Han went byebyes.

Home brew may become a habit.  It takes me a bit longer, but I can do it while the squids are flinging their Koala Krisps at each other over the breakfast table. And I will miss the beautiful-eyed elfin baristas who so gently flex their tattoes while pulling my morning joe and serving the most excellent pastries that should not be offered for breakfast to anyone near my glycemia index. So please go to BVC and support the best little coffee house in Pittsburgh.  Or stop by the Brighton Arms and I'll serve you one of my soon-to-be famous lattes on my porch (sans body art). 

No comments:

Post a Comment